Junior dominates the field

Webster comes out of a great season

Junior Zedekiah Webster (right) shakes hands with senior Shilo Ta’ase (left) after scoring a touchdown. Webster tallied a total of 1,047 total yards this season.

Miles Whitworth

Miles Whitworth

Ermias Hagos, Sports Editor

The game ends. Ballard is out of the playoffs as they lost 70-7 to the Ferndale Eagles. But what a season it has been for junior Zedekiah Webster.
Webster was completely taken aback by the loss. After battling through game after game, this was a tough way to exit.
“I felt really mad at myself and i didn’t really know what to do or what to say to my teammates,” Webster said.

It was clear that he was devastated by the loss. However, Webster and the team had an incredible run this season not only with the great performances that were carried out by so many of the players but also with their overall record.

They finished the season 7-3 in the playoffs matched up with an outstanding opponent. We saw highlights from the new freshmen quarterback Ryan Blokker. We saw senior Shilo Ta’ase dominate his senior season. And then there was Zed Webster.

Zedekiah Webster (11)

Webster was simply off the charts this season. He finished this season with over 1,000 yards averaging 6.93 yards per carry, and a mind blowing 104.70 yards per game. Simply put, Webster was a beast.

Not only was he outstanding on the offensive side, but on the defensive side too as he racked up 40 tackles and five interceptions.
With these kind of numbers he has been putting up, he is sure to be successful post high school and in the long run if he chooses to continue to play.

“I want to go to USC,” Webster said.
With him already planning ahead, Webster still has one more year left in high school to make his impact again on the team and for his career. “I want us to be state contenders,” Webster said.

This season has proven that the beavers have a lot to look forward to next season. He has high hopes for both his team next season, and personal goals for himself that would set him apart from everybody else.
“For me, I want to be the best running back in the Metro League,hopefully state,” Webster said.