Q&A: Untraditional plans

Reporting by Jake Rehfeldt, Staff Reporter

Sam Scheiber

Sam Scheiber               
Q.What are your plans for after graduation?
A. Nothings really set in stone yet.I would eventually like to join the Coast Guard, or potentially the Navy and save lives and start from there. Right now, after high school my plan is to stay working at my job. I work at Starbucks and I love it. I’m still deciding if I want to move over to my dad’s and transfer to Issaquah and live there for a little while and get my footing or if I want to stay here.
Q.Why did you decide to do this?
A. I’m not really ready for what’s coming next. I don’t feel like I’ve found my footing quite yet. I think I’ll end up taking a class or two at community college just to get my footing, but nothing’s really set in stone.
Q.Do you plan to go to college in the future?
A. Yes, eventually
Q.Have you received support for this decision?
A. My mom has definitely been super supportive of me, and my step mom as well. Just trying to figure it out, taking baby steps working on finding a goal that won’t leave me face first in the mud.

Jesse Ellin

Jesse Ellin
A. Taking a gap year to travel. I’m looking at the Mediterranean part of Europe and Africa
Q.Why did you decide to do this?
A. So for the last few years I’ve been really interested in studying languages, but when I go to college I want to focus heavily on computer science. So I’m doing it sort of to wrap up my language studies so I can be really focused in college.
A. Yes. the gap year is so that I can focus more when I get there.
A. Yes, from family, some of our friends, pretty much everyone I’ve talked to has said “yeah you should

probably do that.”